Use Your Voice and Vote! It Counts!Click to learn about your voting rights, including what determines your eligibility to vote, what to do if you make a mistake on your ballot, who to contact if you rights are violated, and more.
Elder Abuse Hotline
Call (877) 4-R Seniors. Click to learn more.
Senior Resources during Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Heart of Ida, in coordination with Long Beach Senior Police Partners matches trained and caring volunteers with senior citizens who may feel socially isolated. For more information or to sign up visit http://www.heartofida.org/
- Long Beach Older Adult Resources Line – CALL 562-570-INFO and select option 5. Food delivery, home supplies, prescription delivery services, utility restoration and mental health resources provided.
- Los Angeles County Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS), is providing temporary delivery services to older adults (ages 60 years and older), dependent adults or permanently or temporarily disabled individuals who are unable to leave their home due to COVID-19. Call WDACS at 888-863-7411 for more details on eligibility or visit https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/
FYI: Senior Benefits
- SilverSneakers: SilverSneakers is a free fitness program for seniors on Medicaid. It includes free gym membership, outdoor fitness, exclusive classes, and access to a welcoming community
Learn more at silversneakers.com.
- Movie Discounts: Most movie theatres, including AMC, Cinemark, and Regal Entertainment Group offer discounts for seniors.
Learn more about discounts offered at theatre chains.
- Hotel Discounts: Most large hotel chains including Best Western, Choice Hotels, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Super 8, Travelodge and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts offer discounts to AARP members.
Learn more about travel discounts available to seniors.