ActNOW COVID HelpHub
Click for referral linkage to health and social services.
Unite Us Online Platform
The City of Long Beach has announced the launch of a new online resource and referral platform, powered by Unite Us, that will help residents connect to City and community programs that support residents during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Learn more.
LA Represents Continues to Provide FREE Legal Services During COVID-19 Crisis
LA Represents offers free legal services to assist individuals and small businesses with issues ranging from bankruptcy matters, commercial leases, domestic violence, consumer debt, employment law, and much more.
For more information visit Coronavirus.LACity.org/LARepresents.
The LA County Library has free homework help available from live, online tutors every day from noon to 10 p.m. K-12 students, college students, and adult learners are all eligible.
AT&T is offering low-cost Wi-Fi and free installation for families in need. For those navigating new devices or technology, the Los Angeles Unified School District has a hotline available at 213-443-1300 from 6 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday to help guide you through the process.
The LA County Department of Mental Health is offering comprehensive resources for those students, parents, and teachers who may need a little extra support during this difficult time.
- Long Beach: Rental assistance for landlords and tenants
- California: Rental assistance for landlords and tenants
- COVID-19 Rent Relief Information
- COVID-19 Rent Relief Forms
- Fair housing help in any language
- City of Long Beach homeless services
- Long Beach Mayor’s fund to end homelessness
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home:
Free Help for Homeless Veterans Dial 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for 24/7 access VA’s services for homeless and at-risk Veterans
Homeless Veteran Chat Confidential, 24/7 online support for homeless Veterans and friends. https://www.va.gov/homeless for more information
Elder Abuse Hotline
Call (877) 4-R Seniors. Click to learn more.
Senior Resources during Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Heart of Ida, in coordination with Long Beach Senior Police Partners matches trained and caring volunteers with senior citizens who may feel socially isolated. For more information or to sign up visit http://www.heartofida.org/
- Long Beach Older Adult Resources Line – CALL 562-570-INFO and select option 5. Food delivery, home supplies, prescription delivery services, utility restoration and mental health resources provided.
- Los Angeles County Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS), is providing temporary delivery services to older adults (ages 60 years and older), dependent adults or permanently or temporarily disabled individuals who are unable to leave their home due to COVID-19. Call WDACS at 888-863-7411 for more details on eligibility or visit https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/
FYI: Senior Benefits
- List of Senior Discounts: https://www.seniordiscounts.com/
- SilverSneakers: SilverSneakers is a free fitness program for seniors on Medicaid. It includes free gym membership, outdoor fitness, exclusive classes, and access to a welcoming community
Learn more at silversneakers.com.
- Movie Discounts: Most movie theatres, including AMC, Cinemark, and Regal Entertainment Group offer discounts for seniors.
Learn more about discounts offered at theatre chains.
- Hotel Discounts: Most large hotel chains including Best Western, Choice Hotels, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Super 8, Travelodge and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts offer discounts to AARP members.
Learn more about travel discounts available to seniors.
- Lawhelp CA: Legal information or search for assistance
- How to find the right lawyer
- Learn more about Prop 47 – changes to some felonies and misdemeanors
- Learn about the American Bar Association Law Day Program.
- CARECEN is providing consultations regarding citizenship services & family petitions. View details here.
- Learn about heart health at heart.org
- Learn more about diabetes
- Silent killer disease project
- Former foster youth can receive free medicare until age 26. Click to view details.
- California Department of Health Care Services Nurse Advice Line:
Nurses can answer questions such as:
– Possible COVID-19 symptoms
– When people should get tested
– Whether people need to self-isolate.
- Long Beach Health & Human Services is offering low-cost flu vaccines.
Download full schedule of flu shot clinic sites.
Are You a Veteran in Crisis or Concerned About One?
Did you know that VA offers same day services in Primary Care and Mental Health at 172 VA Medical Centers across the country? Make the Connection Resource Locator
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and press 1, Chat, or Text 838255.)