‘After School Reimagined’ Fall Camp Programs for Youth
September 8 - December 18
Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine (PRM) is launching a series of after school camp programs for youth ages 5-12, through the fall season with lower staff-to camper ratios and other enhanced safety protocols.
The ‘After School Reimagined’ programs will be offered Mondays through Fridays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, September 8. Youth can participate in fitness activities, games and crafts, homework help and more. The cost of the program is $10 per week, per participant, and scholarships are available.
Program registration will be available online on the PRM website starting Friday, September 4. In-person registration will also be available on September 4 from 8 a.m. to noon at the PRM office (2760 N. Studebaker Rd.), Pan American Park (5157 E. Centralia St.), Martin Luther King Jr. Park (1950 Lemon Ave.), Silverado Park (1545 W. 31st St.) and Belmont Plaza Pool (4320 E. Olympic Plaza). Residents can make appointments to register in-person after September 4 by calling 562.570.3150.
After school programs will be offered at the following locations:
- Bixby Park (130 Cherry Ave.)
- Cesar Chavez Park (401 Golden Ave.)
- Colleges Estates Park (808 Stevely Ave.)
- Coolidge Park (352 E. Neece St.)
- Drake Park (951 Maine Ave.)
- El Dorado Park West (2800 N. Studebaker Rd.)
- Houghton Park (6301 Myrtle Ave.)
- MacArthur Park (1321 Anaheim St.)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park (1950 Lemon Ave.)
- McBride Park (1550 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.)
- Orizaba Park (1435 Orizaba Ave.)
- Pan American Park (5157 E. Centralia St.)
- Ramona Park (2760 N. Studebaker Rd.)
- Seaside Park (440 W. Cowles St.)
- Scherer Park (4600 Long Beach Blvd.)
- Silverado Park (1545 W. 31st St.)
- Somerset Park (1500 E. Carson St.)
- Stearns Champions Park (4520 E. 23rd St.)
- Veterans Park (101 E. 28th St.)
- Wardlow Park (3457 Stanbridge Ave.)
- Whaley Park (5620 E. Atherton St.)
Safety protocols for after school programs include:
- Limiting the number of participants in each day camp.
- Maintaining a 12:1 participant-to-staff ratio appropriate to the community center size.
- Implementing physical distancing protocols, including at check-in and check-out.
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities multiple times each day.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch areas frequently.
- Requiring face coverings for participants and staff.
PRM has offered a ‘Recreation Imagined’ program throughout the summer, featuring a number of affordable day camps and programming for youth and teens. For additional information about the after school programs, call 562.570.3150 or visit longbeach.gov/park/.