The Long Beach Branch NAACP is an entirely volunteer-run organization. Service and volunteerism are historically at the heart of the NAACP. Join us on the frontline of social justice by becoming involved in the largest civil rights organization in the nation.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Long Beach Branch NAACP is seeking volunteers for the following projects:
- LB NAACP Voter Registration Drive
- LB NAACP Membership Drive
- LB NAACP Environmental Justice Program for youth and adults
Contact us below to sign up to volunteer or to learn more.
Samples of Volunteer Opportunities (Year-Round):
1. Volunteer at the Branch Office
2. Volunteer at meetings, events, and programs
3. Help with Voter Registrations, Membership Drives
4. Be a Program Speaker
5. Serve on a Branch Committee or a Task Force
6. Attend our monthly meetings
7. Register for workshops
8. Serve on the NAACP Phone Bank
9. Respond to call to actions, such as, city budget hearings, school and higher education board meetings. Attend as many meetings as possible of crucial issues that impact our lives, such as predatory lending, racial profiling, voter suppression, and high expulsions rate of children of color.
10. Support for all children with special needs (special education) and increase the number of children of color enrolled in advanced placement and college prep.
11. Investigate the college tenure track for women and people of color.
12. Address the unemployment rate of minorities.
13. Participate in crisis situations forums to get the accurate information to inform the community. Examples: The Marcella Bryd Shooting, The Bixby Knolls Halloween incident.
14. Work or collaborate with the Long Beach Branch NAACP to promote equity and inclusion in the varied diverse areas of Long Beach.